Coleraine

Coleraine

Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!


Dublin was a frenzy of green excitement. I've never seen anything like it. I tried to capture the sea of green leprechaun hats, but it was just impossible through a camera lense. My group of friends and I made shirts for the occasion. The back of mine said "Kiss me I'm a ginger" in Gaelic :) Our bus picked us up from the Uni at 8am and we arrived in Dublin right before the parade started at noon. People were all over the place; sitting ontop of stop lights, bus stops, statues, eachother's sholders, etc. My friend and I climbed ontop of a stutue to get a better view of the parade, it was incredible. They had a carnival type event with rides, and my friends and I went on one where it swings you into the sky and flips you upside down aver and over again, great views of the city :)


We eventually made our way to Temple Bar area and enjoyed a few drinks with some new friends. Everyone was exhausted by dinner time, but the bus didn't pick us back up until 1am. Overall it was an unforgettable experience and will by far be the best St. Paddy's Day ever.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun, sweetums! A counter-point to your solemn recent Polish trip. I REALLY like the fact the U provided a bus for this trip so none of you was having to drive and party at the same time!:)Interesting about the Catholic-only celebration - wondered why you didn't go to Belfast since it's closer, but that explains it. Alright, glad you had a memorable fun time, and glad you're home safe!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure that St. Paddy's day was actually a big deal in Ireland. Obviously an incorrect thought! Wow! You will never forget that fun and crazy celebration! Love your T-shirt too. I'm really glad , though, that you found your way back to the bus despite all the partying! Ha! Love you...oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete