Coleraine

Coleraine

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy March!


Sorry I haven't written in a while. Not a lot to write about these days :)

A couple weeks ago Emily, Sergio (my roommate), and I went to Belfast to visit our friend Tobi. The next day Emily's sister and 2 friends came to visit and we rented car. It was very scary because none of us has driven on the left side of the road before. Emily almost killed us 3 times but it was an adventure to say the least! I went to the Carrickfergus Rope Bridge with them which was incredible. When you look down all you see is the ocean crashing against these huge rocks. You can swing and jump on it and its really scary but fun.

Last weekend I was walking on the beach and eating fish and chips on a bench watching the surfers with my friend. It was a gorgeous day, clear skys and sunny! I realized later that I had left my wallet on the bench and walked away. It was gone when I went back to find it, so naturally I prepared myself to never see it again. But miraculously, a friendly Irish girl emailed me and said she had it! I got it back today and we had coffee together. It's true what they say, Irish people are so friendly.


Last night my friends and I went to a masquerade ball and dressed up all fancy like. Black dresses, heels, sparkling jewelry, and for our masks we all wore black sheep masks hahaha :) It was good craic, but we didn't win the best dressed prize. Also not sure why I'm making a weird face in this picture...

Emily and I go to Poland next weekend! Then to Dublin for Saint Patricks Day which will be CRAZY. They have a parade, and did you know that St. Paddy's Day is a national holiday here? Thought that was pretty great. More updates soon...

5 comments:

  1. COOL TIGHTS in that bridge picture! :) Thanks for the update, I've been looking and been disappointed. Keep it coming- I love seeing pictures. Love you and miss you. I want an update from our last conversation.... email me or somethin. It's rainy and chilly here, but this afternoon at about 4:57 it starting POURING rain and Beckett and I had a momentary child-like thrill hehehehe, as I'm sure you can imagine since we all miss thunderstorms so much. we were giddy for about 2 minutes until it all sucked back into the sky and was just drizzle again. ah, man my life's exciting.

    Talk to ya soon, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha, BB, your life IS a thrill a minute!:) And Elianor, sweetums, I am very happy about the nice way your adventures are rounding-out in the last months of your trip! Can't wait to get there and be a part of some of your good craic!:) Also glad not to know about your lost wallet until after it was found by a nice person.:) Love you and see you in 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a scary/exciting bridge to go across...but jumping on it - I don't think so, and I used to be so adventuresome wanting to go bunjee jumping etc. Thank heavens for the friendly Irish girl who found your wallet, and like Daddy, I'm glad I didn't hear about it until you found it again,Ha! Hope you have fun in Poland.Crakov(spelling?)is a facinating midieval city that Gigi and I really loved. HOpe you all have a wonderful experience! Love you and really miss you a bunch sweetie. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha BB you crack me up :)And thanks about the tights! They are purple with flower designs on it. And I had that same experience when we were in DC and i started thundestorming! I love that...see what I mean about missing the midwest?

    Can't wait to see you guys, parents! Mom- it's spelt Krakow. They pronounce w's like v's. Can I just say it's so fun reading comments on this thing? Love you guys thanks for being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie, sounds like you're still finding ways to have so much fun! I'd love to walk across that bridge, though it must've been a little scary. And yes, harrowing to drive on the left. Very brave of you to try taking the car!

    Hope you continue to have these once in a lifetime adventures. You 3 black sheep look gorgeous... hope it was fun.

    I'm still waiting to hear what wine to pair with what spanish food... any updates? :)

    Can't believe it's already March. Enjoy Poland and tell us all about it! And I'd love to hear all about St. Patrick's Day in Dublin...

    Keep these updates comin'! and the pix are wonderful!

    Love
    kim

    ReplyDelete