Coleraine

Coleraine

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Case of the Sniffles

I'm sick! I'm all feverish and achy, and my bed doesn't help at all. I made home made chicken noodle soup today, and I was more than pleased with how it turned out. Still nothing compared to yours, Mom. Plus it's a lot different when someone else makes it for you. I don't have that luxery here! Makes me miss home :)

This last Saturday my really great family friend, Paul, came up to visit me from Belfast. We did some touristy things like Bushmills Distillery, Giant's Causeway, walk on the beach, and a nice lunch in Portrush. What a treat it was! I found out I really like Hot Toddy. Thanks for a great weekend, Paul. Hope the rest of your trip went well.

In orchestra we're playing a peice by Richard Wagner called Siegfried Idyll. Youtube it, it sounds really beautiful but its extremely difficult to play in the key. It's growing on me though the more I listen to it. I hope all is well with everyone! Talk again soon.

5 comments:

  1. Poor sweetums! Sorry you're not well. Hard to correctly identify wine I'll bet with your nose and taste messed up. Hope it's a short illness. Take a hot steamy shower and some meds and sleep alot and drink alot of water. I'll download the Siegfried Idyll. VERY glad you have some music-making again in your daily routine! Great existential dream you had - after all, who ARE we really?:)Sounds like your fever may have played into that dream - I have vivid, interesting, bizarre dreams with a fever, too. Okay. Get well, and that's a parental order! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dad, that's what I was gonna say- that dream was so COOL and bizarre, it makes much more sense now that I know you are sick. Haha, I know that you were curious of the meaning Ellie, but I'm kinda with Dad on the dreaming thing- your mind being bored-- Or I've also noticed lately in my dreams I manifest situations which are based on my real-life psyche during the day- like if I have a strong emotion about something that emotion will be intensified in my dream. In summary, dreams are WEIRD.

    I love you and hope you feel better very soon! And I want some of your chicken noodle soup!!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful piece of music. Thanks for mentioning it. I'd like to hear you play it sometime. I have mixed emotions about Wagner, but what a lovely birthday present for his wife! :)

    So very glad you are playing music... do you have the whole chamber orchestra set up there?

    Not sure what your strange dreams are, but dreams can be entertaining/meaningful on several levels! :)

    Hope you get good rest and get over your cold quickly. Drink some hot tea to open up your head... and have sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're playing the Wagner piece. It's an absolutely gorgeous piece, but I can imagine that it's also very difficult. The slower pieces can be more challenging both technically and emotionally. Will you get a recording of your performance?

    Hope you're feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't looked at the Wagner on youtube yet but will check it out later this morning. We picked up Paul last night, arriving from London, and had a great visit with him about your fun outings in Ireland. He showed us the fun pictures of the two of you! I can't wait to travel with you sweetie! Hey - what's this weird dream you had that everyone's commenting on? We've got to decide about our plane tickets to Dublin and London - what do you think?

    ReplyDelete