Coleraine

Coleraine

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day xoxo


I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing Valentine's Day :) Mine was really fun! A few of us girls and our guys friends (our new second semester family) went to an international student gathering. They had tables full of stickers, tissue paper, construction paper, slitter, buttons, confetti, and markers to make valentines with! It was great, I felt like I was in elementary school again! I suggested that we all make shoe-boxes and decorate them, but nobody had shoe boxes haha. We also made sugar cookies with chocolate hearts which were DELICIOUS. I had 3 and then a stomach ache. My friend's and I went to the student bar and watched people get auctioned off for charity. The highest bid got to take the person out on a date. My roommate Sergio signed up and got sold to a cute spanish girl!

Mom, thanks for my valentine! I love it, it was so fun opening it and having the heart confetti fall out. Love you!

I guess the only thing that was missing on my Valentine's Day was Alex :)

Also, happy belated birthday Kim! How did you celebrate? Hope it wasn't too snowy where you are.

I have a project coming up in my Food and Wine Tourism class. A partner and I are researching and presenting the food and wine of Southern Spain. I don't know much about it yet, but as soon as I'm an expert I will share all my wisdom and knowledge with you :)

Much love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Ahaha! Pretty hilarious V-Day cherub! Do you remember that KC claims credit for V-Day as we know it, with Hallmark and Russell Stover's both originating there (and the Hall family and the Stover family having huge mansions there thanks to our romance-related expenditures):) Funny shoe-box reference - I remember them well! Skype you soon! And SEE you in 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made valentines, Ellie. Lovely tradition that I can remember through my whole life. Yeah, too bad the day has become so commercial, but I think it's sweet that folks are a little bit nicer to each other on my birthday. :) And you'll remember this particular year forever... wonder where you'll make valentines in the future!?!?
    Have fun in school! Let me know about that spanish wine.
    El tiempo esta volando! It'll be spring soon... the birds are chirping and it's supposed to be really warm (50s & 60s) for the next 2 days before cold & snow again. So I hope the big piles of snow will finally melt. They're really dirty and ugly now. :)
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete